Drill Rod Grease
COMPLIMENTING OUR POPULAR DYNAGARD™ BLUE WIRE ROPE GREASE; OUR DYNAGARD™ GREEN DRILL ROD GREASE OFFERS SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE AND IS A BARIUM GREASE SUBSTITUTE!
Every day more countries and regions of the world are prohibiting the use of heavy metal containing barium-based drill rod grease. We are pleased to introduce an aluminum complex-based drill rod grease that is biobased (meeting USDA Biobased content requirement), biodegradable (passes OECD 310-F), aquatically non-toxic (passes OECD 202); and non-toxic to terrestrial plants (passes OECD 208). Natural water repellant property of aluminum complex thickener is complimented by superior adhesion to wet or dry drill rods, extreme water washout resistance, and extreme pressure performance.
Drill Rod Grease
Replaces heavy metal containing barium greases for effectively greasing drill rods with little or no negative impact on the environment. Biobased/biodegradable/environment friendly with superior lubricity for reducing torque while resisting water washout and melting at depth of 10,000 ft and beyond
Formulated with research-based specially selected vegetable oils that offer the highest level of oxidation stability further enhanced by patented state of the arts processing technology designed for biobased greases. Using aluminum complex-based thickener and an additive package that impart superior lubrication under heavy loads and high temperatures associated with deep drilling.
Features and Benefits:
- Superior bonding to metal surfaces due to the polarity of natural esters
- Adhesion to Wet or Dry drill rods due to balanced elastomeric and polymeric tackifiers
- Anti-Wear and Extreme Pressure performance better than conventional greases
- Superior water repellent property inherent to aluminum complex thickener
- Replaces barium-based drill rod greases due to usage restrictions worldwide
- Made with base oils that have over 200 degrees F higher flash point than petroleum base oils
- Meets requirements of the USDA Biobased, categorized as an Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL); and is certified as EPA’s 2013 U.S. Vessel General Permit (VGP); is exempt from REACH reporting due to its non-hazardous chemical content, and meets the requirements of Ecolabel based on formulation.
|Test Method||Grade #3||Grade #2|
|Product Name||Dynagard™ Green Drill Rod Grease|
|Consistency||Grease Consistency||ASTM D-217||250-265||265-295|
|Base Oil Viscosity||CentiStokes @ 40°C||ASTM D-445||600-650||430-460|
|Base Oil Viscosity||CentiStokes @ 100°C||ASTM D-445||100-110||50-60|
|Base Oil Viscosity Index||Calculated||ASTM D-2270||190||202|
|Dropping Point||ASTM D-2265||>590°F (310°C)||>536°F (280°C)|
|Four Ball EP||Extreme Pressure||ASTM D-2596||>800Kg||>500Kg|
|Oil Separation %||Oil Bleed||ASTM D-6184||<3%||<3%|
|Aquatic Toxicity||OECD 202||PASS||PASS|
|Terrestrial Plant Toxicity||OECD 208||PASS||PASS|
|Vessel General Permit||Certified||Certified|